The FRITZ!Box 4020 is an entry level IP PBX for freelancers and small companies with 2 to 3 people. The FRITZ!Box 4020 can easily be connected to any Fiber optic Internet connection or Cable modem via the built-in WAN port.
The Box integrates a 4 port router and high performance Wi-Fi. It’s built-in phone system allows you to connect up to 10 IP Phones to your FRITZ!Box or as remote extension phones via FRITZApp Fon on your mobile. Connect securely via built-in VPN to your Home Network even while travelling.
The FRITZ!Box 4020 comes with a build-in a 4 port Fast Ethernet LAN Router, a superfast Wi-Fi access point with speeds up to 450 Mbit/s includes a separate Wi-Fi guest access, a firewall with port forwarding, a full featured IP PBX with Voicemail2email, build-in Fax2email, an after hour IVR that lets customers know about your business hours just to name a few. Moreover you can safely connect your Smartphones via VPN and make them remote extension phones to your office.
Thanks to the recognized industry standard IPsec, you can establish a virtual private network to connect with your FRITZ!Box to other sites / devices securely. The settings can be configured on your FRITZ!Box and transferred to smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Internet connectivity via Cable/Fiber/3G/4G:
- Cable Modem / Fiber optic lines: The FRITZ!Box 4020 can be connected to any Cable or Fiber optic line via built-in switchable LAN / WAN port 1
- 3G/4G: Connect a USB 3G/4G dongle to the FRITZ!Box and access the Internet and make phone calls via mobile Network in Remote locations
- Failover / backup line: Connect a USB 3G/4G dongle to the USB port of the FRITZ!Box and use it as a backup line if your internet connection fails.
Network and security features include:
- Built-in secure firewall with port-forwarding
- 4 port Fast Ethernet LAN router
- Wi-Fi n/g/b with up to 450 Mbit/s
- Wi-Fi Guest access to the internet separated from your own network
- 1x USB 2.0 ports to connect printers, storage media or 3G/4G modems
- Built-in secure remote access via MyFRITZ or DynDNS allowing to access your network remotely
- Built-in Media server allowing you to stream media within your office network
- Interconnect 2x FRITZ!Boxes via VPN Tunnel
IP PBX key features include:
- Call Detail Record shows all incoming, outgoing and missed calls
- Music on hold: When transferring calls of your customer to other extensions or putting them on hold your clients will listen to music
- HD Telephony lets you make phone calls in crystal clear voice quality
- Message Waiting Light: A light on the FRITZ!Box indicates left voicemail messages
- 10 Extension phones: (10 IP phones)
- Concurrent calls: up to 3 people can make and receive calls at the same time
- Blacklist callers: allows you to blacklist phone numbers from unwanted callers
- Skype integration: via Skype SIP connect
- Voicemail: Voicemail messages can be stored on the system or connected USB pen drive
- Receive Faxes: Receive incoming Faxes to your email Inbox
- Office hours: The phone system can automatically change to voicemail when after business hours are defined
- Smartphone integration: Make your Android or iPhone a Remote Extension phone via VPN
Interfaces & Technical Data:
- Form factor: Desktop: L 166 mm x W 120 mm x H 48 mm
- Desktop or Wall mount
- Wi-Fi n/g/b on 2,4 GHz
- Wi-Fi Guest Access
- 1x USB 2.0 port
- 1x WAN port
- 4x LAN ports 10/100
- Supports up to 10 extensions and up to 3 concurrent calls
- Up to 20 SIP trunk accounts can be registered
- VoIP codecs: G7.22 (wideband audio or HD)
G.711 U/A (ISDN quality) G.7.29A/B, G.7.26, G.7.23
- Fax codecs: T.38, G.7.11U/A
- Frequent firmware updates adding even more functions and features
- Average power consumption: 2-7 watts
To be able access a FRITZ!Box remotely behind a Cable or Fiberoptic Modem the Modem from your ISP needs to be setup in “bridge mode” The FRITZ!Box will establish the Internet connection with the ISP. The advantage of this setup is all the functions of the FRITZ!Box can be utilized. The following modems in Thailand have been tested and confirmed to be working in Bridge mode in conjunction with all FRITZ!Box models.
DOCSIS / CABLE
|TOT||FIBER||Huawei||EchoLife Bridge GPON
HG 8120 series
|CAT||FIBER||Huawei||EchoLife Bridge GPON
HG 8120 series
You will need to fill setup the FRTIZ!Box this way behind a DOCSIS connection. If you connect the FRITZ!Box behind the ADSL Modem or an Fiber connection you will need to fill in the Username and Password from your ISP. At some areas TOT is using VLAN. In this case you will need to enter the VLAN ID within the FRITZ!Box as well.
VoIP Thailand is offering comprehensive setup services and sales consultation for this device.