The Yealink EXP 40 Expansion Module is designed for the Yealink T-46G and S and the T-48 G and S IP Phones. The Expansion module converts the Yealink T-46 and the T-48 into the ideal phone for Receptionists/Secretaries as well as busy Managers that make a lot of calls every day and need to be able to stay in control.
The large back lid 160×320 pixel LED screen has 20 buttons with dual color LEDs. Each button can be programmed as follows:
- Speed Dial: Just press the button to dial the Extension or phone number of some else
- Intercom: Press the button to make an announcement over the phone without the collie needing to pick up the phone.
- Line: Allows you to add additional lines to your IP Phone
- BLF: Busy Lamp Field. Green/Red Dual color LEDs build into any button show If another extension is currently available or busy.
- Transfer: Simply press the key to transfer a concurrent call to another extension or phone.
- Hold: Allows you to place a call on Hold
- Call Forward: If someone is not in the office incoming calls can be can be automatically forwarded to a mobile phone or other extension.
- Do Not Disturb: Press the button if you don’t want to receive phone calls during a meeting for example.
- Call Return: Press this key if you would like to return the call of the last caller.
- Conference: Allows you to have call a 3rd party and let them participate in the conversation.
- Directed Pick up: Allows you to pick up a call for another extension phone in your office.
- Voice Mail: Easily access the voicemail by simply pressing a button.
- Park: transfer a call to a specific extension and put the call on Hold
The dual color LED’s even allowed to have 2 functions on every key. If program a key as speed dial for an internal extension you can program the same key as Busy Lamp field in the same time. If the LED on this key turns from Green to Red it means that this extension is currently in a call. So if someone calls in and wants to be transferred to an Extension that shows up as busy you can transfer the caller to another person instead or ask them to call back later.
Two big keys on the lower end of the Extension module allow you to double the contact list from 20 to 40 contacts. If you have more contacts you can add up to 6x EXP 40 Extension Modules allowing you to store up to 240 contacts. Of cause you can also program them with any of the other functions described above.
Up to 6x EXP 40 Extension Modules can be connected to one Yealink T-46S or T-48S IP Phone adding up to 240 buttons.